Issued to holders of passports of selected countries which require additional procedures before their visas are approved. The applicants pay an additional US $ 11 to the Kenya government known as referral fee. Referred visas take slightly longer that the ordinary e visas.
Referred visas are approved as single entry e visas and on entry are treated as single entry visas.
- Valid travel document not less than six months.
- A Return ticket.
A referred single entry visa is good for entry 3 months from the date of issue. It has the validity approved and shown on the visa. Duration of stay is endorsed on the passport by border immigration officer strictly as approved and shown on the visa.
A referred Visa attracts Kenya government referral fee of US $11
Once approved, Kenya government fee of US $ 101 USD and
US $ 100 handling charges
On submitting your information to this website, you will pay the total amount of US $ 212 at once.
During the application process, you will be required to attach the following documents. The file formats that may be attached are PDF, JPG, or Microsoft word.
For Business Visits
- Invitation Letters from company / Invitation letter for business visits
- Copies of registration of the company.
For Family visits
- Invitation Letters from family.
- Identity card / Passport / Alien card / Entry permit of the host.
- Travel itinerary (Details about places to visit if going as a tourist).
- Hotel bookings.
- Clear Passport biodata page.
- A clear photograph.
- DO NOT take a photograph of or scan the photo in your passport.
- Must be taken within the past 6 months, showing your current appearance.
- Must be in color.
- Must show your full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
- Must show a full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
- Must be taken in normal street attire. Uniforms should NOT BE worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig, or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.